We invite you to join SAA for International Education Week
November 15th – 19th, 2021
The annual event to celebrate all things international education is here again! Every year we look forward to this week where we learn about new trends in global education and connect with colleagues and students around the world.
This year SAA is celebrating with a planned event each day of IEW! Join us for:
- Live streaming sessions from around the world
- Professional development workshop on Faculty & SAO Perspectives of Virtual & Hybrid Study Abroad
- Access to our interactive 360 GLE™ (Global Learning Experiences) platform
- Quizzes and prizes
We are excited to bring together students, IE professionals, and faculty, in support of SAA’s mission to make global education accessible to all!
Please Register Below
BASIC ACCESS – FREE
- 2 Live Streaming Sessions (Open to Everyone)
- 1 Week Access to our 360 GLE™ (IE Professionals & Faculty Only)*
- 1 Professional Workshop (IE Professionals & Faculty Only)
- Quizzes and Prizes**
PREMIUM ACCESS – $249
- Everything in Basic Access, PLUS:
- 2 Additional Live Streaming Sessions (Open to Everyone at your Institution)
- 1 Additional Week of Access to our 360 GLE™ (Open to Everyone at your Institution)
- Possibility to Sponsor the Event
- IEW 2021 Attendance Badge
* Note: If your institution is already a subscriber to our 360 GLE™, you receive premium access automatically!
For institutions that are not current subscribers to our 360 GLE™, the premium access costs $249 per institution.
** Prizes are awarded regardless of registration type. No purchase is necessary in order to win.
IEW 2021 CALENDAR
Register above to be sent the links to the live sessions below!
10:00 am ET
Local People: Meet the Madrileños
Join us as we meet some locals of Madrid – known as madrileños! As we walk the medieval streets of this historic city (also the capital of Spain!), we’ll stop in at a variety of hotspots to speak with locals and hear about everyday life in Madrid. We expect visits such as:
- a tapas restaurant
- a local store
- a food market
- a visit with local craftsmen/women
- and more!
12:00 pm ET
Urban Gardening in Medellín
Discover the positive social and environmental impacts urban gardening can have upon your community as you hear from an inspirational local entrepreneur.
During this interactive experience, you will learn how to reduce your everyday carbon footprint while also learning expert techniques to be able to start your own home composting.
9:30 am ET
Walking Tour of the “Queen of the Adriatic”
Starting at the Punta della Dogana and ranging all the way through the University area of Venice, the district of Dorsoduro in Venice is one of the richest “sestieri” in terms of art and architecture.
During our virtual walk, we will see the Church of Salute, and the Gesuati temple dedicated to St Mary of the Rosary and view the Palladian church of Redentore across the canal on the island of Giudecca. We will pass by the oldest gondola yard still active after 400 years as well as the typical “bacaros” of Venice with their well-known “cichetti”.
11:00 am ET
Tour of the Muslim Quarter
Many of the boundaries that we imagine separate Israel from Palestine, Christian from Muslim, and East from West, are to a significant degree artificial. In this tour, we will explore the historical and religious connections of Jews and Christians to sites in the Muslim quarter. We will virtually walk the famous Via Dolorosa and its environs to appreciate the area’s richness and diversity. Come along as we explore churches, synagogues, study halls, markets, and more on a journey towards understanding the traditions and people of this holy city.
Virtual & Hybrid Study Abroad: Faculty & SAO Perspectives
As virtual global education models continue to emerge and evolve as a result of the pandemic, many faculty and study abroad offices are developing unique and exciting hybrid study abroad offerings. Hear from a panel of faculty and SAO staff from diverse institutions about their program models, student experiences, what worked and what did not, and lessons learned. Finally, as we move back to traditional study abroad, we will have an open discussion about the future of virtual and hybrid programming in international education.
- Allan DiDonato, MA, Instructor of Humanities and Philosophy, Central Piedmont Community College
- Matt Ryan, Assistant Director of Global Engagement, Florida Gulf Coast University
- Kira Ferris, Ed.D., Director of International Education, South Piedmont Community College
Be sure to register above to get access to all the links, updates, and events.
Explore the World at Your Own Pace!
360 GLE™ (Global Learning Experiences)
During IEW, we are excited to share our interactive 360 GLE™ with IE professionals and faculty, so you can see how this innovative and interactive platform and content can assist with:
- internationalizing the curriculum
- developing global competency certificates and initiatives
- recruitment for study abroad programs
- bringing global education to those who cannot study abroad
- and so much more!
Once you register above, we’ll send you the details on how to access the 360 GLE™ during IEW, so you can explore some of our:
- 1,800 global infused educational videos
- 65 global locations
- 9 countries
- 150 multidisciplinary topics
- 75 professional guest speakers
- 10 hours of interactive 360 videos
Would you like your students to also have access to the 360 GLE™ during IEW?
Register for Premium Access above!
Individual health insurance options for international and study abroad students.