The Study Abroad Association Faculty Grant Program provides research and development funding for college faculty interested in creating and incorporating study abroad programs into their teaching.
Studying and traveling abroad offers exciting opportunities for students to experience new cultures while expanding knowledge in their field of study. SAA currently offers programs for 12 unique areas of study in 24 destinations across the globe, and is ever-growing to include new course subjects and destinations as professors build their own 100% customized programs.
Apply for the SAA Faculty Grant Program to be guided through the process of establishing study abroad programs at your own institution. Successful applicants will be paired with a mentor who has experience developing study abroad programs that increase learning outcomes, and will receive firsthand experience through inclusion in a currently running SAA program.
The following conditions apply to be eligible for the SAA Faculty Grant Program:
- Applicants cannot be concurrently running a pre-existing travel program.
- To be considered for grant funding, awardees must offer and run the grant-developed program in partnership with SAA in the following academic year.
- Applicants should demonstrate interest in, or prior engagement with, study or travel abroad. (No previous experience in leading a travel program is necessary.)
- Applicants from all fields of study are welcome as SAA has experience partnering with faculty in a multitude of disciplines to build programs catering to their specific education goals.
If chosen for the Faculty Grant, you will receive:
- Complementary inclusion, including roundtrip airfare, on a similar, currently running SAA program. This allows you to see and experience firsthand what leading such a program entails, to better prepare you for running your own future program.
- Mentorship from an experienced member of the SAA network who will collaborate and help with feedback and guidance during the development of your grant-funded program.
- SAA membership comes with many benefits, including but not limited to: program and itinerary consultation, discounts, workshops,
marketing and networking, and assistance with logistics.
As a recipient of the SAA Faculty Grant, you will be responsible for:
- Actively engaging with your SAA mentor to develop a program in your chosen academic field, whether as part of an accredited course, or as an extracurricular enrichment opportunity for your students.
- During development of the program, if required, working with your institution to gain administrative approval to offer the program once it has been prepared.
- Leading your developed SAA program by acting as trip chaperone: assisting trip leaders, engaging with outside local resources as necessary, and encouraging your students to have an amazing experience while they travel abroad and increase their knowledge in their field of study.
Applications are Accepted Year-round
If chosen for the grant, SAA works with you to schedule your inclusion on a currently running trip, and the subsequent creation of your 100% customized program.
As part of the application below, you may include information on how your course material will suit your chosen destination. You may also include a brief summary of any past study or travel abroad experience either as a student or an instructor.
APPLY NOW FOR THE SAA FACULTY GRANT
to the Next Level
to the Next Level
By bringing study abroad opportunities to your institution, you are offering students the once-in-a-lifetime chance to change their lives by traveling the world, experiencing diverse international styles of teaching, immersing themselves in new cultures with different languages and customs, and giving them expanded career opportunities through the unique education and experience that studying abroad gives to them.
The SAA Faculty Grant program will help you start your path to furthering your student’s education and career goals. Apply now and take your students’ education to the next level, giving them the opportunity to enhance their college experience in ways that they will remember for the rest of their lives.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have any questions, or would like more information before you apply, feel free to contact any of the following SAA team members who can assist you in preparing your application or discuss ideas for your program.
European Program Director
+1.202.910.6318 | WhatsApp: +34.622.214.171.124
Arts & Humanities Program Director