Abroad to Your
Abroad to Your
Study Abroad Association is a collaborative effort between colleges and universities across the United States dedicated to increasing study abroad participation among students and faculty on their campuses.
Become an SAA Member to bring study abroad opportunities to your institution, utilizing our free and complimentary benefits and services. We help SAA members create life-changing educational programs for students in their academic field.
SAA has recently launched the 2020 Community College Study Abroad Initiative, which will sustainably increase study abroad participation at community and technical colleges 25% by 2020.
To do this, SAA will partner with participating institutions and assist them in developing custom strategies to meet attainable study abroad goals. These goals can be achieved through the utilization of the benefits and services SAA is offering for free as part of this initiative, which are listed below.
All institutions are welcome to utilize our benefits and services, either through becoming a member or taking part in the 2020 Initiative. We are currently assisting over 105 institutions across the US and are ready to expand our outreach to even more colleges and universities. We’ve seen outstanding results with schools who adopt these techniques and systems, and in some cases have helped increase participation by 100%. Sign up today by filling out the form below.
- Free Itinerary Consultation (Comparisons, Adjustments, Quotes, Best Price Guarantee)
- Member Discounts on Select Programs & Trips
- Free Online Webinars (Monthly interviews and trainings with leaders in the industry of international education and study abroad)
- Risk Management Assessments (Emergency Protocols & Release Forms)
- Best Value Flight Team (Through long-term contracts with airlines we guarantee the most affordable rates with discounted group airfare)
- Faculty Study Abroad Research Grants
- Student Scholarships (1 scholarship awarded per 10 participants)
- Price Match Guarantee
- Colleges/Universities Networking– Creating affiliations with foreign institutions, and running joint programs
- Access to the full SAA Membership Directory
- Access to exclusive member emails with news, updates, and more
- Service-Learning Affiliations with International NGO’s and Local Sustainable Projects
- Best Value Travelers Insurance– Starting from as low as $2 per day
- Assistance in Obtaining ISIC (International Student Identity Card) and Travel Visas
- Full Customization of Short-Term Faculty-Led Study Abroad and Service Learning Programs
- Travel Logistics: Airfare, Accommodation, Transportation, Expert Guides, Activities, etc.
- Faculty Development Workshops
- Full-Time Account Manager
- Program Marketing Assistance
- Pre-trip Orientation Videos, Packing Demos, Smart Travel & Safety Abroad
- Full-Time Assistance and Access to Foreign Local Guides on Every Trip
- Free access to Abroadware (New cutting edge international education software)
- Program Documentation: Videography, Photography & Testimonials (on select programs)
- Post-Trip Engagement (Surveys, Exhibition Materials, Case Study)
APPLY NOW FOR 100% FREE MEMBERSHIP OR JOIN THE 2020 INITIATIVE
WHAT PROFESSORS ARE SAYING
This trip avoids all the issues that companies such as EF Tours have: bad accommodations, wasted time on the tour bus, trying to do too much in too short a time. With Oklahoma study Abroad, all these aspects were very well managed. I’d recommend this trip as a fantastic time and a super value.
I have been very pleased with the level of attention that Oklahoma Study Abroad has given to ensure that my group of travelers has a great trip. Christian selects imminently experienced tour guides who immerse us as fully into the culture as possible. A number of repeat travelers confirm that they are satisfied with travels. As a college professor, I’m keen to facilitate a total engagement in the art and culture we are visiting. Oklahoma Study Abroad makes this possible to provide my travelers with a truly authentic experience in international travel.
The Study Abroad Association, headed by Christian Alyea, provides fantastic, authentic travel abroad. I've taken two London/Oxford trips and one trip through India with them. The company insists upon lodging travelers right at the heart of the places we visit, then makes sure everyone knows how to get around on their own as well. We live more like locals than like tourists, and this lets us see and experience everything our destinations offer. SAA also finds the very best local guides, who help us find and understand everything even in a short visit. And somehow, all this is kept very affordable! Traveling with the Study Abroad Association is *the* way to see the world as a student or professor!
Christian is extremely pleasant to work with and has always been more than willing to customize the itinerary to suit our needs. He understands that our students typically don't have a lot of means to travel, and he works hard to find budget options for lodging and transportation so that the overall trip cost is kept as low as possible. I recommend student travel with Study Abroad Association.
Choosing to travel with the Study Abroad Association has been a great decision. Since working with this organization, enrollment in our Study Abroad program has increased substantially. Students enjoy the “feet on the ground” approach, which improves cultural immersion and understanding. Prompt communication, steadfast preparedness, and unlimited enthusiasm make me confident in this company.
For many of the younger students, the journey was an entirely new experience: Some have never been out of the USA. I am sure the trip opened their eyes and challenged their own self-images. In at least one case, I know the visit was a life-changing experience: The young women returned to Oklahoma as a different person, much more open and self-confident.
The trip was wildly successful. It exceeded my expectations, and, based on my students' journals, it far exceeded their expectations. The private rooms were better than four-star rooms in London and Paris. The students loved hostel life, meeting and hanging out with other college students from all over the world.